Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and have a positive effect on the lives of the people we serve in our local community. We at the Highline Area Food Bank are totally dependent on our volunteers. The ways that you can help are:
- Register clients
- Assemble and package bulk food
- Pickup donations from local stores
- Assist clients in selecting their food
- Put together a group (15 – 20) to work our evening distribution of food on the 2nd Tue of each month
- Helping clients get the food to their cars and generally just serving our clients
In 2012 the in-kind labor costs donated by our volunteers was over $161,000. Without dedicated volunteers, none of this would be possible.
If you would be interested in volunteering please click on the volunteer sign up form link below to download.
For further information please contact the Executive Director, Mike Werle @ 206-433-9900
Thank you for your interest, we look forward to your much needed help….